“Dosage is everything”—Paracelsus
Cannabis is used for therapeutic purposes for thousands of years and there are no reports of serious adverse effects on patients.
High dosage do not mean better effect
With any active ingredient and in particular with cannabinoids in high doses it does not necessarily match a more powerful effect. Scientific references refer to benefits with low dosages able to maintain constant levels of the cannabinoid in the blood during the day.
Everyone Is Different
What you will find on this page is meant to be a guideline, a starting point of reference. The fact remains that everyone is in a different place and will react differently to their CBD dosage.
- Begin with a low dose.
- Take a few small doses over the course of the day rather than one big dose.
- Use the same dose for several days. Observe the effects and if necessary adjust the amount until symptom relief. And to decrease amount of CBD with any worsening of symptoms.
- Be aware of possible side effects. Cannabis is a safe and forgiving medicine.
- Consult your health counselor.
- Are considered high doses of CBD when it exceeds 150mg daily even if there is no established lethal CBD dose
Serving Standard is 25mg of CBD taken twice a day
Concentrations vary between preparations:
To take CBD oil, first hold it under your tongue for it to be absorbed prior swallowing. Although extremely rare, it is possible that in some individuals an allergic reaction occurs due to the nature of the vegetable product. In this case discontinue the usage and contact an allergist and the producer. Constant dosing ensures greater bioavailability.
CBD dosages for different treatments:
Mayo Clinic suggests CBD dosages on scientific research, publications, traditional use, or expert opinion. Cannabinoid dosages and duration of treatment depend largely on the disease.
- To increase appetite in cancer patients: 2.5 milligrams of THC by mouth with or without 1 mg of CBD for six weeks
- To treat chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD by mouth for an average of 25 days
- To treat epilepsy: 200-300 mg of CBD by mouth daily for up to 4.5 months
- To treat movement problems associated with Huntington’s disease: 10 mg per kilogram of CBD by mouth daily for six weeks
- To treat sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD by mouth.
- To treat atopic dermatitis (itchy, scaly skin rashes), hemp seed oil has been taken by mouth for 20 weeks.
- To treat multiple sclerosis symptoms: Cannabis plant extracts containing 2.5-120 milligrams of a THC-CBD combination by mouth daily for 2-15 weeks. A mouth spray might contain 2.7 milligrams of THC and 2.5 milligrams of CBD at doses of 2.5-120 milligram for up to eight weeks. Patients typically use eight sprays within any three hours, with a maximum of 48 sprays in any 24-hour period.
- To treat schizophrenia: 40-1,280 mg CBD by mouth daily for up to four weeks
- To treat glaucoma: a single CBD dose of 20-40 mg under the tongue. Doses greater than 40 mg may actually increase eye pressure.
CBD has a biphasic effect
A two-phase active ingredient has different effects on the body depending on the dose taken. At the cannabidiol it is attributed a stimulating function of attention and mood at low dosages while there would be evidence of a sedative effect at high concentrations. The ability to identify the right dosage is so important to treat specific conditions. A research shows that doses of 15 mg of CBD have increased ability to concentrate, while with doses of 600 mg was found relaxation and sedation. Doses up to 160 mg have shown an increase in sleep duration. The regularity of the intervals of intake is as important as the dosage to maintain the correct level of desired CBD, avoiding deficiencies or excesses.
Source: CBD Oil review – Mayo clinic – CannLabs – Project CBD
If you any question or are you interested in receiving more information on our exclusive products feel free to contact us at any time at email@example.com or just click here.